According to sources Uttar Pradesh is not just the largest state but also the state that gave a massive 71 Lok Sabha seats to the BJP in 2014 general elections a mandate that helped Narendra Modi to emerge as the strongest Prime Minister in the recent times. Furthermore even in the state Assembly elections held last year (2017), BJP emerged as a big player by bagging huge 325 seats out of total 403 Assembly constituencies.
Accordingly since Yogi Adityanath sworn in as the new chief minister last year, the BJP has lost four major by-polls, including in Gorakhpur and Phulpur, the strongholds of the Chief Minister and his deputy Keshav Prasad Maurya. Meanwhile in the latest by election whose results were announced yesterday, the BJP lost the Kairana parliamentary seat to a candidate backed by united opposition parties SP and BSP.
Furthermore these successive defeats of the BJP in UP and elsewhere are
denting the party image largely. Moreover the top brass of RSS and cadre of
Saffron party are now said to be deeply worrying with this poor show of the BJP
in the by-elections. It's high time, Modi-Shah must wake up to avoid further
damage which one could see it coming.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes