Air India, the once upon a time Indian airlines major, has been now burdened with debts, bad loans, and more troubles. Every year, the government has been facing hardships in running the airlines, though there are no profits for the company, and there are only huge losses reported every year. It was in such an economic crunch situation that the central government decided to sell Air India citing lack of fund.
However, most of the service
organizations which initially displayed interest to take over Air India had
exited and escaped sooner. The reason behind none of the companies coming
forward to take over Air India has now been identified. Though the government
has decided to sell shares of AI, it has decided to keep on hold 24% shares with
itself. Niti Ayog had advised the government to sell the whole of shares.
But the central government, with an
aim to get shares of the profit in future, decided to hold 24%shares. However,
no party is coming forward to acquire 76%shares alone. The talks with airline
majors like SpiceJet, Jet Airways, Indigo, Tata, had failed. Now, the
government has decided to sell all the properties associated with Air India. It
has 100 Boeing and Airbus and has permissions to ply to 2543 airports. In 2001,
Singapore Airlines had sold Air India shares and exited the deal.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam