Air India, the once upon a time Indian airlines major, has been now burdened with debts, bad loans, and more troubles. Every year, the government has been facing hardships in running the airlines, though there are no profits for the company, and there are only huge losses reported every year. It was in such an economic crunch situation that the central government decided to sell Air India citing lack of fund.
However, most of the service
organizations which initially displayed interest to take over Air India had
exited and escaped sooner. The reason behind none of the companies coming
forward to take over Air India has now been identified. Though the government
has decided to sell shares of AI, it has decided to keep on hold 24% shares with
itself. Niti Ayog had advised the government to sell the whole of shares.
But the central government, with an
aim to get shares of the profit in future, decided to hold 24%shares. However,
no party is coming forward to acquire 76%shares alone. The talks with airline
majors like SpiceJet, Jet Airways, Indigo, Tata, had failed. Now, the
government has decided to sell all the properties associated with Air India. It
has 100 Boeing and Airbus and has permissions to ply to 2543 airports. In 2001,
Singapore Airlines had sold Air India shares and exited the deal.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!