Mumbai sources reported that the ED had questioned Raj Kundra, husband of actor Shilpa Shetty, in connection with a money laundering probe related to a bitcoin transactions case. Meanwhile the businessman was summoned at the ED office here and was asked questions about his involvement in the trade, termed as illegal by the government.
As per report there are some instances of the case that are linked to Kundra and hence, he has been asked to record his statement, the officials said without elaborating. Moreover the Enforcement Directorate (ED), sometime back, had registered a criminal case under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) against bitcoin based investment website GainBitcoin, its founder Amit Bhardwaj and eight others.
Furthermore it is alleged that about 8,000 investors lost about Rs 2,000
crore funds by transacting in this scheme. Moreover the ED had filed its case
based on an FIR of the Maharashtra Police in this case and the Pune Police
arrested Bhardwaj and his brother Vivek from Delhi earlier. Previously Finance
Minister Arun Jaitley had informed Parliament that there are no regulations
governing virtual currencies in India and the RBI has not given any licence to
any entity/company to operate such currencies.
Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process Washington sources reported that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo set a deadline by which North Korea must denuclearize, saying that the process must be completed by January 2021, when President Donald Trump's current term would end. Meanwhile in a statement, Pompeo also expressed his desire to meet with his North Korean counterpart, Ri Yong-ho, next week in New York during the United Nations General Assembly.
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india