Mumbai sources reported that the ED had questioned Raj Kundra, husband of actor Shilpa Shetty, in connection with a money laundering probe related to a bitcoin transactions case. Meanwhile the businessman was summoned at the ED office here and was asked questions about his involvement in the trade, termed as illegal by the government.
As per report there are some instances of the case that are linked to Kundra and hence, he has been asked to record his statement, the officials said without elaborating. Moreover the Enforcement Directorate (ED), sometime back, had registered a criminal case under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) against bitcoin based investment website GainBitcoin, its founder Amit Bhardwaj and eight others.
Furthermore it is alleged that about 8,000 investors lost about Rs 2,000
crore funds by transacting in this scheme. Moreover the ED had filed its case
based on an FIR of the Maharashtra Police in this case and the Pune Police
arrested Bhardwaj and his brother Vivek from Delhi earlier. Previously Finance
Minister Arun Jaitley had informed Parliament that there are no regulations
governing virtual currencies in India and the RBI has not given any licence to
any entity/company to operate such currencies.
Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India New Delhi sources stated that popular video sharing platform TikTok, owned by Chinese tech company ByteDance said the company was committed to maintaining a safe and positive in-app environment for its users in India. Meanwhile when reacting to a report on how Hindu chauvinistic videos thrive on TikTok, ByteDance said that the video sharing app as well as its social media platform
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?