Chennai sources stated that in a major move towards conserving the environment, Tamilnadu will go for plastic ban, starting January 1, 2019. As per report the announcement on ban on manufacture, sales, storage and usage of disposable plastic across the state was made by Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palanisamy on Tuesday.
Meanwhile when making a suo motu statement in the assembly, chief minister Palanisamy said the announcement was based on the recommendations of an expert panel constituted by former Chief Minister Jayalalitha in this regard. Accordingly the CM said the ban excludes using disposable plastic for packaging milk, curd, oil and medical utilities.
Palanisamy said “The ban was primarily on plastic carry bags, plastic
plates, plastic cups, plastic flags, small plastic sachets used in packaging
water, among others”. Moreover the disposal of such plastic material affected
the flow of waste water and drainage and deeply affected the ground water
table. Furthermore the announcement incidentally comes on World Environment Day
and hence the theme for this year is 'beat plastic pollution'.
Public exam for 5th and 8th class! Earlier TN Govt had the no detention policy so that no student gets failed and is retained in the same class, considering the right to education which offers education without failing, till elementary school but now in an opposite decision the TN govt has announced public exams for even 5th and 8th class students.
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA