Chennai sources stated that in a major move towards conserving the environment, Tamilnadu will go for plastic ban, starting January 1, 2019. As per report the announcement on ban on manufacture, sales, storage and usage of disposable plastic across the state was made by Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palanisamy on Tuesday.
Meanwhile when making a suo motu statement in the assembly, chief minister Palanisamy said the announcement was based on the recommendations of an expert panel constituted by former Chief Minister Jayalalitha in this regard. Accordingly the CM said the ban excludes using disposable plastic for packaging milk, curd, oil and medical utilities.
Palanisamy said “The ban was primarily on plastic carry bags, plastic
plates, plastic cups, plastic flags, small plastic sachets used in packaging
water, among others”. Moreover the disposal of such plastic material affected
the flow of waste water and drainage and deeply affected the ground water
table. Furthermore the announcement incidentally comes on World Environment Day
and hence the theme for this year is 'beat plastic pollution'.
"Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app According to sources aiming to take on mobile dating apps such as Tinder and Bumble, social networking giant Facebook started testing its new dating product in Colombia. As per report "At first glance, 'Facebook Dating' closely resembles its competitor Hinge. Both depart from the swiping model popularized by Tinder in favor of asking users to answer question prompts and start conversations based on something in a person's profile".
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?