Despite all the chaos, violence, and the cop inflicted murders in Thoothukudi following the Sterlite protest on its 100th day, the workers of the killer factory, remain divided in opinions. A section had witnessed gore, and extreme violence, as they resided in the residential space given to them by Vedanta, and had a close to death experience due to unknown violent crowd entering the quarters, and destroying properties and putting to fire, the cars and other vehicles. Such category, which amounts to around 200 families, have moved out of the Sterlite quarters, after the violence had given them nightmares.
According to one of the employees of Sterlite, who had been in the smelter when the residential places, Tamira I and Tamira II were under attack, revealed that, though cops were there, they had moved away when the violent crowd entered, and added that the aim of those people was not just to burn vehicles but to trouble the people as well. Several other residents have revealed that as the situation turned worse, against the employees of Sterlite, they were taken to Madurai and placed safely, and that they have been reporting to job of data reporting from different locations.
While one section has been reporting
that there is no discharge to earth, there are contradictory talks from other
section of people. Another section of staff, who work at a different level
rather than the AC/ Desk job category claim different. They say that the
operations of the plant gives eye infections, and respiratory diseases, and
they also claim that the acidic discharge to ground. With such contradiction
between the workers themselves, Sterlite still remains a mystery.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?