According to sources with fuel prices on the rise in India, shared mobility has gained more importance than ever and cashing in on this opportunity are Ola and Uber, which continue to push their shared mobility offerings Ola Share and UberPool respectively. Meanwhile Global studies suggest one shared vehicle has the potential to take 9-13 cars off the road.
Moreover ever since both players launched their respective shared mobility offerings, they have been positioning them as a medium to reduce CO2 emissions, reduce traffic congestion and of course, fuel costs. As per report UberPool is present in 12 cities overall. Over 39% of all Uber trips in Kolkata are uberPooL trips, followed by Bengaluru (37%). Meanwhile in Chennai and Bengaluru, the number of Uber Pool trips increased by two times each with a 228% increase in Chennai and a 218% increase in Bengaluru.
Presently Ola too, claims that Ola Share saw 2X
growth in the past one year with Bengaluru and Kolkata registering maximum
shared rides. Furthermore these cities were followed by Chennai and Mumbai. Moreover
as per data shared by Ola, it has seen a 60% increase in the use of Ola Share
by office goers and a 70% increase in adoption of Ola Share from mass transit
hubs like metro stations and bus depot in top 7 cities with Bengaluru,
Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Pune registering the maximum adoption, followed
by Hyderabad and Delhi.
3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi All the Pandals have been set up and Ganapathi has arrived and we all couldn't get more excited. Every year the festival is celebrated on a bigger scale and Maharashtra does it, even more, bigger and that is because of the dishes they prepare. Now, we bring you 3 dishes which you must know to prepare.
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE
- Hyderabad youngsters stranded in Malaysia
- Telangana health coverage model is a robust program covering nearly 80 lakh families
- US badly attacked on Military parade in Iran
- TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing