According to sources with fuel prices on the rise in India, shared mobility has gained more importance than ever and cashing in on this opportunity are Ola and Uber, which continue to push their shared mobility offerings Ola Share and UberPool respectively. Meanwhile Global studies suggest one shared vehicle has the potential to take 9-13 cars off the road.
Moreover ever since both players launched their respective shared mobility offerings, they have been positioning them as a medium to reduce CO2 emissions, reduce traffic congestion and of course, fuel costs. As per report UberPool is present in 12 cities overall. Over 39% of all Uber trips in Kolkata are uberPooL trips, followed by Bengaluru (37%). Meanwhile in Chennai and Bengaluru, the number of Uber Pool trips increased by two times each with a 228% increase in Chennai and a 218% increase in Bengaluru.
Presently Ola too, claims that Ola Share saw 2X
growth in the past one year with Bengaluru and Kolkata registering maximum
shared rides. Furthermore these cities were followed by Chennai and Mumbai. Moreover
as per data shared by Ola, it has seen a 60% increase in the use of Ola Share
by office goers and a 70% increase in adoption of Ola Share from mass transit
hubs like metro stations and bus depot in top 7 cities with Bengaluru,
Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Pune registering the maximum adoption, followed
by Hyderabad and Delhi.
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day