According to sources with fuel prices on the rise in India, shared mobility has gained more importance than ever and cashing in on this opportunity are Ola and Uber, which continue to push their shared mobility offerings Ola Share and UberPool respectively. Meanwhile Global studies suggest one shared vehicle has the potential to take 9-13 cars off the road.
Moreover ever since both players launched their respective shared mobility offerings, they have been positioning them as a medium to reduce CO2 emissions, reduce traffic congestion and of course, fuel costs. As per report UberPool is present in 12 cities overall. Over 39% of all Uber trips in Kolkata are uberPooL trips, followed by Bengaluru (37%). Meanwhile in Chennai and Bengaluru, the number of Uber Pool trips increased by two times each with a 228% increase in Chennai and a 218% increase in Bengaluru.
Presently Ola too, claims that Ola Share saw 2X
growth in the past one year with Bengaluru and Kolkata registering maximum
shared rides. Furthermore these cities were followed by Chennai and Mumbai. Moreover
as per data shared by Ola, it has seen a 60% increase in the use of Ola Share
by office goers and a 70% increase in adoption of Ola Share from mass transit
hubs like metro stations and bus depot in top 7 cities with Bengaluru,
Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Pune registering the maximum adoption, followed
by Hyderabad and Delhi.
Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi Accordingly amidst rising tensions in the state of Kerala over the recent protests at Sabarimala temple, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Tuesday morning addressed the media at the Kerala Secretariat in Thiruvananthapuram. He added “It is the BJP and RSS who are leading the protests at Sabarimala and the Congress is giving support to them and these protests are purely for political gains and have nothing to do with
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon