A petition has been filed in the Supreme Court against Superstar Rajinikanth, for using the term anti social elements, with reference to the protest against Sterlite in Thoothukudi turning violent. The killer Sterlite copper factory has been behind many deaths and health hazards in the city of Thoothukudi, and the people around the factory, have been protesting demanding the ban of the factory for many days.
On the 100th day of protest, it was turned violent by the cops, as they shot dead more than 13 innocent civilians, and more than 60 were injured and are in hospitals, while the status of many who went missing on the day of violence is unknown yet. Superstar Rajinikanth had last week visited Thoothukudi posing to meet the families of the deceased and offer condolences.
Post his visit to Thoothukudi, during his press meet in Chennai, he had said that the peaceful protest was turned violent by anti social elements. Now, a case has been filed against superstar for using the term anti social elements, by Hosur based Silambarasan. He has requested that action must be taken on Rajini for branding innocent civilians fighting for a cause as anti socials.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!