As per report Google has successfully completed its public Wi-Fi program to provide India's railway stations with free internet, with Dibrugarh in Assam becoming the 400th station to go live on Thursday. Meanwhile Google had, in collaboration with Railtel, launched free Wi-Fi services to 400 railway stations as a key initiative under the government's Digital India program in 2016. Accordingly Google has successfully completed its public Wi-Fi program to provide India's railway stations with free internet, with Dibrugarh in Assam becoming the 400th station to go live on Thursday.
Earlier Google had, in collaboration with Railtel, launched free Wi-Fi services to 400 railway stations as a key initiative under the government's Digital India program in 2016. K. Suri, Director, Partnership India, Next Billion Users, Google India, said in a statement that "Bringing high speed connectivity to millions of Indians across railway stations has been an incredible journey and underscores the importance of investing in public Wi-Fi as a crucial step in getting high quality internet to everyone in India”.
He added "With over eight million monthly
unique users connecting to the network, this is a lighthouse project for India
and every growing economy that is looking to bring the benefit of connectivity
to everyone in their country. Railway stations are a microcosm that is India
and creating a digital inclusion platform is in line with the vision of our
Prime Minister and Digital India initiatives of the Ministry of Railways”.
Furthermore within the first year of the project, 100 of the busiest railway
stations across India were made internet friendly.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!