Chennai sources reported that Special Deputy Tahsildar and a Zonal Deputy Tahsildar who gave orders to shoot at protesters in Tuticorin on May 22 have been transferred by the administration. Meanwhile Thoothukudi District Collector Sandeep Nanduri, on Friday, issued the transfer order of eight officers with immediate effect.
Accordingly Kannan and Shekar, the special deputy tahsildars who were on duty on the day of the Sterlite protests in Thoothukudi have also been transferred. As per report Kannan has been transferred as the sub-tahsildar of Kayaththaaru and Shekar has been transferred as the sub-tahsildar of Thiruvaikundam. Moreover it was only a few days back that it was revealed that Shekar, had ordered the policemen on duty to fire at the protesters at the Collectorate.
Meanwhile, M Kannan, Thoothukudi Zonal Deputy Tahsildar, had said in his
statement given to the Thoothukudi North police station that he gave firing
orders at Threspuram. Furthermore he claimed that a large group, mainly women
protesters, had entered the police quarters with dangerous weapons like
machetes and petrol bombs, and therefore he gave orders to shoot. Hence all
these developments have led to an important question as to who is authorized to
issue shooting orders and in what situation is it acceptable to open fire at
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day