Chennai sources reported that Special Deputy Tahsildar and a Zonal Deputy Tahsildar who gave orders to shoot at protesters in Tuticorin on May 22 have been transferred by the administration. Meanwhile Thoothukudi District Collector Sandeep Nanduri, on Friday, issued the transfer order of eight officers with immediate effect.
Accordingly Kannan and Shekar, the special deputy tahsildars who were on duty on the day of the Sterlite protests in Thoothukudi have also been transferred. As per report Kannan has been transferred as the sub-tahsildar of Kayaththaaru and Shekar has been transferred as the sub-tahsildar of Thiruvaikundam. Moreover it was only a few days back that it was revealed that Shekar, had ordered the policemen on duty to fire at the protesters at the Collectorate.
Meanwhile, M Kannan, Thoothukudi Zonal Deputy Tahsildar, had said in his
statement given to the Thoothukudi North police station that he gave firing
orders at Threspuram. Furthermore he claimed that a large group, mainly women
protesters, had entered the police quarters with dangerous weapons like
machetes and petrol bombs, and therefore he gave orders to shoot. Hence all
these developments have led to an important question as to who is authorized to
issue shooting orders and in what situation is it acceptable to open fire at
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers