Chennai sources reported that Telecom major Bharti Airtel has chalked out plans to deploy 12,000 new mobile sites in the state taking the total to 52,000 during the current fiscal. Meanwhile under its network transformation program 'Project Leap,' Bharti Airtel plans to add 12,000 new mobile sites to enhance network capacity and take high speed data services into rural areas.
Meanwhile a company statement said with this planned roll out, the number of Airtel's mobile sites across Tamilnadu will go up by 30% to 52,000 and add to network experience for customers. Moreover on its plans to expand broadband, the company said it plans for 3,000 kms of fresh optic fibre cable across the State taking the fiber footprint to 17,000 kms.
It said the addition of fresh fiber capacity will support the growth of high
speed data services. Company CEO, Tamilnadu and Kerala, Manoj Murali said "As
part of the Project Leap, our network transformation initiative, we will
continue to channel investments towards building a world class future ready
network. These investments underline our strong commitment to Tamilnadu”. Further
the company claimed that it was the number one mobile operator and was the
first to launch 4G services in the State. Bharti Airtel has 23 million
customers in Tamilnadu.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code