Vatican City sources reported that Pope Francis accepted today the resignation of three Chilean bishops including the controversial Juan Barros following a child sex abuse scandal in Chile which has come to haunt his papacy. Accordingly the entire Chilean delegation of bishops tendered its resignation to the pope last month after a series of meetings at the Vatican.
Meanwhile several members of the Chilean church hierarchy are accused by victims of ignoring and covering up child abuse by Chilean paedophile priest Fernando Karadima during the 1980s and 1990s. Furthermore Argentine born Francis, whose decision was announced in a Vatican statement yesterday, has said it must not happen again on his watch.
But the pontiff himself became mired in the scandal when, during a trip to
Chile in January, he defended Barros who was accused of covering up Karadima's
wrongdoing. Moreover Francis apologized to the victims and admitted he had made
"grave mistakes" after reading a 2,300 page report on abuses in Chile
and has since received two groups of Karadima's victims at the Vatican. Further
since 2000, about 80 Roman Catholic priests have been reported to authorities
in Chile for alleged sexual abuse.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue