Vatican City sources reported that Pope Francis accepted today the resignation of three Chilean bishops including the controversial Juan Barros following a child sex abuse scandal in Chile which has come to haunt his papacy. Accordingly the entire Chilean delegation of bishops tendered its resignation to the pope last month after a series of meetings at the Vatican.
Meanwhile several members of the Chilean church hierarchy are accused by victims of ignoring and covering up child abuse by Chilean paedophile priest Fernando Karadima during the 1980s and 1990s. Furthermore Argentine born Francis, whose decision was announced in a Vatican statement yesterday, has said it must not happen again on his watch.
But the pontiff himself became mired in the scandal when, during a trip to
Chile in January, he defended Barros who was accused of covering up Karadima's
wrongdoing. Moreover Francis apologized to the victims and admitted he had made
"grave mistakes" after reading a 2,300 page report on abuses in Chile
and has since received two groups of Karadima's victims at the Vatican. Further
since 2000, about 80 Roman Catholic priests have been reported to authorities
in Chile for alleged sexual abuse.
Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people Andhra Pradesh sources made a statement that Pawan Kalyan, who claims to be losing his revenue through films, is at again. Meanwhile this time, he publicly stated that he had given up Rs 100 Crore revenue per year in order to 'serve' people. Accordingly Pawan said he had floated Janasena Party to fight against injustice and corruption and Pawan said he sacrificed his filmy career for his politics.
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!