Tuticorin sources stated that special committees are to be constituted to identify developmental programs for villages around the private copper smelter plant in Thoothukudi. Meanwhile the district administration is also committed to the rehabilitation of employees of Sterlite that has been closed down and plans to create a website to help employees of Sterlite find alternative jobs.
As per report as normalcy is returning after the May 22 riot that resulted in the killing of 13 people in police action and around 102 injured, the district administration now plans to go ahead to the next step of rehabilitating villagers around the copper smelter plant. Thoothukudi district collector Sandeep Nanduri said “Already we have been taking up special developmental projects in the affected villages around the plant using the interest from the fine of Rs 100 crore paid by the company in 2013”.
Moreover he added that now a special committee is to be constituted to identify the special needs of villagers, based on which the district administration will recommend the implementation of job oriented programs to help youth in the affected villages
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers