YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy is entering the East Godavari district on Tuesday. If this is the news, there is nothing new in it. He had already entered several districts from Kadapa to West Godavari ever since he started his Praja Sankalpa Yatra in Kadapa district.
The big issue now is Jaganmohan Reddy’s walk on the rail-cum-road bridge across river Godavari. That makes all the difference and has the potential to make people sit before the TV channels to watch the show.
When he crossed Krishna River in Vijayawada walking on Kanadaurga Varadhi (bridge) on April 13, the crowd that followed him on the bridge resembled the floodwater above and across the river. The visuals of Jaganmohan Reddy crossing Krishna River went viral in the social media. Now, the party wants to make his walk on the Godavari bridge much bigger.
The YSR Congress leaders took this event as prestigious following the East Godavari district police issuing a notice to the party asking them to find another route or an alternative arrangement without using this bridge. The police claimed that the bridge is weak and walking with a huge number of people would be a problem. In a way the police tried to stop Jaganmohan Reddy from walking on this rail-cum-road bridge. But, things went out of their hand and finally had to clear permission cautioning the party on safety of the people. The police came up with a caution about the weak footpath and railing that might cause some life threat to the people walking in large numbers.
The YSR Congress leaders have positioned a large number of volunteers on both sides of the bridge, along the footpath to regulate the walk. The party sources said that the crowd would not touch the railing or the footpath but use the road and there is no threat to the bridge as dozens of loaded trucks pass on it every five minutes.
In a way, the event is likely to come as handy for the YSR Congress leaders to draw the attention of the people, including the critics. “In all probability, it would be like flood of people walking across the river on the bridge,” a senior leader of the party said.
Meanwhile, the police have diverted or stopped the vehicular movement on the bridge keeping ready for the historical march of the masses. The trucks were already stopped outside Kovvur on Vijayawada side and outside Rajahmundry on Visakhapatnam side. It is now to be seen as Jaganmohan Reddy walks on this bridge along with thousands of his supporters.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam