YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy is entering the East Godavari district on Tuesday. If this is the news, there is nothing new in it. He had already entered several districts from Kadapa to West Godavari ever since he started his Praja Sankalpa Yatra in Kadapa district.
The big issue now is Jaganmohan Reddy’s walk on the rail-cum-road bridge across river Godavari. That makes all the difference and has the potential to make people sit before the TV channels to watch the show.
When he crossed Krishna River in Vijayawada walking on Kanadaurga Varadhi (bridge) on April 13, the crowd that followed him on the bridge resembled the floodwater above and across the river. The visuals of Jaganmohan Reddy crossing Krishna River went viral in the social media. Now, the party wants to make his walk on the Godavari bridge much bigger.
The YSR Congress leaders took this event as prestigious following the East Godavari district police issuing a notice to the party asking them to find another route or an alternative arrangement without using this bridge. The police claimed that the bridge is weak and walking with a huge number of people would be a problem. In a way the police tried to stop Jaganmohan Reddy from walking on this rail-cum-road bridge. But, things went out of their hand and finally had to clear permission cautioning the party on safety of the people. The police came up with a caution about the weak footpath and railing that might cause some life threat to the people walking in large numbers.
The YSR Congress leaders have positioned a large number of volunteers on both sides of the bridge, along the footpath to regulate the walk. The party sources said that the crowd would not touch the railing or the footpath but use the road and there is no threat to the bridge as dozens of loaded trucks pass on it every five minutes.
In a way, the event is likely to come as handy for the YSR Congress leaders to draw the attention of the people, including the critics. “In all probability, it would be like flood of people walking across the river on the bridge,” a senior leader of the party said.
Meanwhile, the police have diverted or stopped the vehicular movement on the bridge keeping ready for the historical march of the masses. The trucks were already stopped outside Kovvur on Vijayawada side and outside Rajahmundry on Visakhapatnam side. It is now to be seen as Jaganmohan Reddy walks on this bridge along with thousands of his supporters.
Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months Washington sources reported that the Trump administration may deny green cards to immigrants who have availed or may avail government benefits including food and cash assistance under new rules which could negatively affect hundreds of thousands of Indians living in the US. Meanwhile the
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?