YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, who launched his Praja Sankalpa Yatra in October last, had finally crossed the historical bridge across Godavari River. He had crossed Penna River in Nellore and Krishna River in Vijayawada. The Penna river cross went unnoticed and was not as significant as it was when he crossed the bridge on Krishna River on April 14.
The bridge on Krishna River had seen the flood of people flowing in the cross direction above the river level. There was a huge gathering of the people when he walked on the two and a half kilo meters long bridge. The crowd was so large that it had sent vibrations to the ruling Telugu Desam Party on that day on the increasing support for Jaganmohan Reddy.
Exactly after a month, Jaganmohan Reddy had completed his Praja Sankalpa Yatra in the TDP-bastion, West Godavari district, and had crossed the prestigious rail-cum-road bridge across Godavari River between Kovvur and Rajahmundry. The leaders have taken it seriously and have mobilised a little over one lakh crowd to witness the historic event of Jaganmohan Reddy crossing the bridge.
There is a reason for the YSR Congress leaders to make this walk a historic. It was on May 17, 2003, late Y S Rajasekhar Reddy walked on this bridge and had returned to power in 2004. It was again on June 3, 2013, Y S Sharmila walked on this bridge and got his brother Jaganmohan Reddy released from Jail on September 24, 2013. Hardly 11 months away from the next general elections, Jaganmohan Reddy walked on this bridge and the party leaders assume that his victory is certain.
There was some opposition from the government for Jaganmohan Reddy using this bridge. The East Godavari `district police have issued an advisory to the YSR Congress to avoid using the bridge citing its falling strength. But, the police received stiff resistance from the party and wide criticism from the people through social media forcing them to allow the walk.
Keeping the danger of weak footpath and railing, the YSR Congress took the care to ensure that the walk was successful and there was no untoward incident. It went on well and Jaganmohan Reddy was welcomed into the Rajahmundry city, again a fortress of the TDP.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes