YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, who launched his Praja Sankalpa Yatra in October last, had finally crossed the historical bridge across Godavari River. He had crossed Penna River in Nellore and Krishna River in Vijayawada. The Penna river cross went unnoticed and was not as significant as it was when he crossed the bridge on Krishna River on April 14.
The bridge on Krishna River had seen the flood of people flowing in the cross direction above the river level. There was a huge gathering of the people when he walked on the two and a half kilo meters long bridge. The crowd was so large that it had sent vibrations to the ruling Telugu Desam Party on that day on the increasing support for Jaganmohan Reddy.
Exactly after a month, Jaganmohan Reddy had completed his Praja Sankalpa Yatra in the TDP-bastion, West Godavari district, and had crossed the prestigious rail-cum-road bridge across Godavari River between Kovvur and Rajahmundry. The leaders have taken it seriously and have mobilised a little over one lakh crowd to witness the historic event of Jaganmohan Reddy crossing the bridge.
There is a reason for the YSR Congress leaders to make this walk a historic. It was on May 17, 2003, late Y S Rajasekhar Reddy walked on this bridge and had returned to power in 2004. It was again on June 3, 2013, Y S Sharmila walked on this bridge and got his brother Jaganmohan Reddy released from Jail on September 24, 2013. Hardly 11 months away from the next general elections, Jaganmohan Reddy walked on this bridge and the party leaders assume that his victory is certain.
There was some opposition from the government for Jaganmohan Reddy using this bridge. The East Godavari `district police have issued an advisory to the YSR Congress to avoid using the bridge citing its falling strength. But, the police received stiff resistance from the party and wide criticism from the people through social media forcing them to allow the walk.
Keeping the danger of weak footpath and railing, the YSR Congress took the care to ensure that the walk was successful and there was no untoward incident. It went on well and Jaganmohan Reddy was welcomed into the Rajahmundry city, again a fortress of the TDP.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!