YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, who launched his Praja Sankalpa Yatra in October last, had finally crossed the historical bridge across Godavari River. He had crossed Penna River in Nellore and Krishna River in Vijayawada. The Penna river cross went unnoticed and was not as significant as it was when he crossed the bridge on Krishna River on April 14.
The bridge on Krishna River had seen the flood of people flowing in the cross direction above the river level. There was a huge gathering of the people when he walked on the two and a half kilo meters long bridge. The crowd was so large that it had sent vibrations to the ruling Telugu Desam Party on that day on the increasing support for Jaganmohan Reddy.
Exactly after a month, Jaganmohan Reddy had completed his Praja Sankalpa Yatra in the TDP-bastion, West Godavari district, and had crossed the prestigious rail-cum-road bridge across Godavari River between Kovvur and Rajahmundry. The leaders have taken it seriously and have mobilised a little over one lakh crowd to witness the historic event of Jaganmohan Reddy crossing the bridge.
There is a reason for the YSR Congress leaders to make this walk a historic. It was on May 17, 2003, late Y S Rajasekhar Reddy walked on this bridge and had returned to power in 2004. It was again on June 3, 2013, Y S Sharmila walked on this bridge and got his brother Jaganmohan Reddy released from Jail on September 24, 2013. Hardly 11 months away from the next general elections, Jaganmohan Reddy walked on this bridge and the party leaders assume that his victory is certain.
There was some opposition from the government for Jaganmohan Reddy using this bridge. The East Godavari `district police have issued an advisory to the YSR Congress to avoid using the bridge citing its falling strength. But, the police received stiff resistance from the party and wide criticism from the people through social media forcing them to allow the walk.
Keeping the danger of weak footpath and railing, the YSR Congress took the care to ensure that the walk was successful and there was no untoward incident. It went on well and Jaganmohan Reddy was welcomed into the Rajahmundry city, again a fortress of the TDP.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!