According to sources the counting for the Jayanagar by-election has just been completed and Congress candidate Sowmya Reddy defeated BJP's BN Prahlad with a majority of 3,775 votes in the prominent assembly constituency. Sowmya Reddy gathered 54,045 votes, while BN Prahlad could manage 50,270 votes. Meanwhile with the latest victory, Congress now has 80 MLAs in the Karnataka Assembly.
Furthermore Jayanagar by-election was held on June 11, following the sudden demise of BJP MLA BN Vijayakumar, who was holding the seat. As per report BJP's current candidate BN Prahlad is the brother of BN Vijayakumar and an estimated 55% of polling was recorded for the Jayanagar by-election. Further in the assembly elections that were held on May 12, the BJP gained the majority, but not enough to form the government.
Meanwhile following a pre-poll understanding, the JDS did not field its
candidate for the Jayanagar by-election. Accordingly a total of 18 candidates
contested the election and the routing in the Jayanagar by-election will being
seen as a major setback for the BJP, as it failed to retain its seat that has
been its bastion for the last 30 years.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam