Chennai sources reported that city passengers in Chennai will soon be able to use a single card to take the Metro and MTC buses, thanks to a single smart card or a common mobility card to be launched by Metro officials by the end of the year. Accordingly a metro rail official told that the card has been tested at metro stations and MTC's electronic ticketing machines and moreover the testing of the smart card for compatibility is being done by upgrading hardware and software.
As per report the officials also stated that electronic ticketing machines used by MTC conductors at present already have hardware in place that can read and scan smart cards and the only thing that needs to be done is to upgrade the software and make it compatible with the system. Accordingly the contactless cards used at metro stations have a magnetic strip in which information such as the station code and amount recharge will be stored.
Furthermore on exiting a station, the distance
traveled will be calculated based on the code and the amount will be deducted. Presently
similar cards are used in metro station parking lots and MTC buses. Moreover according
to reports, the state has plans to integrate all state run transport services
to the common mobility card and the MTC Metro connection is just the
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar