Chennai sources reported that city passengers in Chennai will soon be able to use a single card to take the Metro and MTC buses, thanks to a single smart card or a common mobility card to be launched by Metro officials by the end of the year. Accordingly a metro rail official told that the card has been tested at metro stations and MTC's electronic ticketing machines and moreover the testing of the smart card for compatibility is being done by upgrading hardware and software.
As per report the officials also stated that electronic ticketing machines used by MTC conductors at present already have hardware in place that can read and scan smart cards and the only thing that needs to be done is to upgrade the software and make it compatible with the system. Accordingly the contactless cards used at metro stations have a magnetic strip in which information such as the station code and amount recharge will be stored.
Furthermore on exiting a station, the distance
traveled will be calculated based on the code and the amount will be deducted. Presently
similar cards are used in metro station parking lots and MTC buses. Moreover according
to reports, the state has plans to integrate all state run transport services
to the common mobility card and the MTC Metro connection is just the
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day