Kathmandu sources added that decades of commercial mountaineering have turned Mount Everest into the world's highest rubbish dump as an increasing number of big spending climbers pay little attention to the ugly footprint they leave behind. Fluorescent tents, discarded climbing equipment, empty gas canisters and even human excrement litter the well trodden route to the summit of the 8,848-metre (29,029-foot) peak.
Pemba Dorje Sherpa, who has summated Everest 18 times, told "The Mountain is carrying tonnes of waste. It is disgusting, an eyesore”. Meanwhile as the number of climbers on the mountain has soared at least 600 people have scaled the world's highest peak so far this year alone the problem has worsened.
Meanwhile, melting glaciers caused by global
warming are exposing trash that has accumulated on the mountain since Edmund Hillary
and Tenzing Norgay made the first successful summit 65 years ago. Further another
solution, believes Ang Tsering Sherpa, former president of the Nepal
Mountaineering Association, would be a dedicated rubbish collection team. Media
reports added and last month a 30 strong cleanup team retrieved 8.5 tonnes of
waste from the northern slopes.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes