Kathmandu sources added that decades of commercial mountaineering have turned Mount Everest into the world's highest rubbish dump as an increasing number of big spending climbers pay little attention to the ugly footprint they leave behind. Fluorescent tents, discarded climbing equipment, empty gas canisters and even human excrement litter the well trodden route to the summit of the 8,848-metre (29,029-foot) peak.
Pemba Dorje Sherpa, who has summated Everest 18 times, told "The Mountain is carrying tonnes of waste. It is disgusting, an eyesore”. Meanwhile as the number of climbers on the mountain has soared at least 600 people have scaled the world's highest peak so far this year alone the problem has worsened.
Meanwhile, melting glaciers caused by global
warming are exposing trash that has accumulated on the mountain since Edmund Hillary
and Tenzing Norgay made the first successful summit 65 years ago. Further another
solution, believes Ang Tsering Sherpa, former president of the Nepal
Mountaineering Association, would be a dedicated rubbish collection team. Media
reports added and last month a 30 strong cleanup team retrieved 8.5 tonnes of
waste from the northern slopes.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!