In connection with a scam in the emission tests of the cars, Audi Chief Executive officer Rupert Stadler has been arrested in Germany. Audi cars are produced by Volkswagen Company. Luxury cars are manufactured by Volkswagen under the brand name of Audi. In 2015, there were reports that the Audi cars were designed by Volkswagen in such a way, that they contained a device to evade emission tests.
In the 600000 cars sent to America, it had placed the device to bypass emission test, as confessed by the car major it. It was later revealed that 11 million diesel cars had the emission test evasion software, and Volkswagen has also revealed that the software was tuned to display low emission results.
However, it was found that more than
the lab test phase, the cars were emitting 40 percent more smoke. Following
suspicion on Audi, the company had accepted that 60000 cars of Audi A6 and A7
models had the software issue. For restructure and repairs, the company had
taken back 8,50,000 cars. In such a scenario Rupert Stadler has been arrested
so as to avoid destruction of evidence in the case.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?