As per report at least three people were killed and over 50 others injured on Monday when an earthquake measuring 6.1 on the Richter scale jolted Japan's Osaka city. Japanese broadcaster NHK reported that the victims comprised a nine year old girl and two men. Meanwhile according to the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) the earthquake was recorded at 7.58 a.m. and had its hypo center at about 13 km depth in Osaka Prefecture on the island of Honshu, the largest in the Japanese archipelago.
However, no tsunami warning was issued. Moreover several buildings in Osaka and Takatsuki collapsed and were on fire. Furthermore the railway services in Osaka, Shiga, Kyoto and Nara, both high speed bullet trains and local rail services, were halted. Moreover Osaka's Kansai Airport has been shut down while its runways were being checked for damage.
Further the authorities said that none of the 15
nuclear reactors in this region have been affected by the quake. As per report
the Japanese government has set up a task force to gather information related
to the strong earthquake and the Chief Cabinet Secretary, Yoshihide Suga,
called on citizens to keep an eye on developments through the media. Accordingly
around 170,000 houses in Osaka prefecture are experiencing power outages
following the quake.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!