Accordingly BSP supremo Mayawati today ridiculed the BJP's "Sampark for Samarthan" program, dubbing it as nothing but a photo-op with the high and the mighty. Meanwhile Mayawati's criticism for the ruling BJP "Contact for Support" campaign comes on a day when the party broke its alliance with the PDP in Jammu and Kashmir.
As per report the program is meant to reach out to political allies as well as prominent people ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha election. She said in a statement in Lucknow that "The program is nothing but a photo-op by BJP stalwarts with only the prominent people". Meanwhile launching the program recently, the Bharatiya Janata Party had said it planned to reach out to one lakh personalities from various fields and explain to them the achievements of the NDA government ahead of the 2019 polls.
Accordingly Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party said such a program was an
insult to the poor. She added "It amounts to insulting the poor, the
farmers, the laborers and the villagers who constitute the real India," adding
that the BJP government does not worry for them. Moreover the BJP president
Amit Shah has also met allies Shiromani Akali Dal and Shiv Sena under the
program. Further Mayawati also slammed the Centre for not curtailing the price
of petrol and diesel, describing it as its "anti-poor, anti-people
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!