Atlanta sources reported that the Asia Pacific American Network of Oregon said fifty-two Indians are among those held at a federal prison in Oregan under the Trump administration’s ”zero-tolerance” policy against illegal immigration. Meanwhile over the last month, 123 immigrants seeking asylum have been detained and transferred to Oregon’s Sheridan federal prison in Yamhill County.
Accordingly fifty-two listed India as their home country. Furthermore the migrants told a visiting congressional delegation they are locked up 22 to 23 hours a day, three to a cell. Meanwhile those with families say they have no idea where their wives or children are, and they fear they will be deported and separated from them forever.
Moreover President Donald Trump’s new “zero-tolerance” policy that
prosecutes and separates families of any one unauthorized to enter the country,
including people leaving their native country as a political refugee to seek
asylum protection is cruel and inhumane. Further this policy of family
separation needs to end now; and in the meantime, all detainees deserve legal
representation and fair treatment, starting with transparency about their
children’s whereabouts and humane detention conditions.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!