Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan had accepted the resignations of the five MPs from the State. The Speakers’ office had issued notification on Thursday indicating that the resignations were accepted with effect from June 20.
YSR Congress MPs, Y S Avinash Reddy of Kadapa, P V Midhun Reddy of Rajampet, V Varaprasada Rao of Tirupati, M Rajamohan Reddy of Nellore and Y V Subba Reddy of Ongole have submitted their resignations on April 6. After continued protest all through the budget session seeking special category status to the state, the MPs have submitted their resignations in protest against the denial of the special category status to the state.
The Speaker had two rounds of meetings with the MPs on their resignations and had even asked them to give her confirmation letters. It was on June 6, two months after their resignations, the MPs have submitted reconfirmation letters to the Speaker.
Finally, amidst speculation, the Speaker had accepted their resignations. However, it is unlikely of by-elections as the term of the Lok Sabha is less than one year from the date of acceptance of the resignations. However, it is to be seen what the election commission would decide once the Lok Sabha secretariat sends the communication on the vacancies.
Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos Sources from New Delhi stated that former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh said the phenomenon of “jobless growth” has deteriorated into “job-loss growth”. This together with rural indebtedness and urban chaos has made the growing number of aspiration youths restless. When hitting out at the government for failing to steer the economy to its potential, Dr Singh said the domestic challenges
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack