Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan had accepted the resignations of the five MPs from the State. The Speakers’ office had issued notification on Thursday indicating that the resignations were accepted with effect from June 20.
YSR Congress MPs, Y S Avinash Reddy of Kadapa, P V Midhun Reddy of Rajampet, V Varaprasada Rao of Tirupati, M Rajamohan Reddy of Nellore and Y V Subba Reddy of Ongole have submitted their resignations on April 6. After continued protest all through the budget session seeking special category status to the state, the MPs have submitted their resignations in protest against the denial of the special category status to the state.
The Speaker had two rounds of meetings with the MPs on their resignations and had even asked them to give her confirmation letters. It was on June 6, two months after their resignations, the MPs have submitted reconfirmation letters to the Speaker.
Finally, amidst speculation, the Speaker had accepted their resignations. However, it is unlikely of by-elections as the term of the Lok Sabha is less than one year from the date of acceptance of the resignations. However, it is to be seen what the election commission would decide once the Lok Sabha secretariat sends the communication on the vacancies.
Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi" New Delhi sources stated that declaring that "dictatorship has become a vocation" in Prime Minister Narendra Modi's regime, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi today said that people in Chhattisgarh will remember the attack on his party's workers in Bilaspur as an act of "political persecution".
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!