According to sources the Cauvery in Hogenakkal in Dharmapuri district, which received the lowest inflow of water a few days ago, has again recorded a higher inflow of 21,000 cusecs on Saturday. Meanwhile the sources in the Tamilnadu PWD department confirmed that the inflows into the lower riparian state were 18,000 cusecs as measured by the staff in the Central water Commission (CWC) at Biligundulu, where the river enters Tamilnadu. Accordingly this gradually rose to 22,000 cusec after 3 pm the same day.
As per report the water received by Tamilnadu was due to the surplus discharge made by the upper riparian state, Karnataka, from its Kabini dam. Moreover on being questioned about the quantum of water discharged by the upper riparian state, a PWD officer on anonymity told reporters that the inflows into the Kabini dam has been recorded as 15,690 cusecs, whereas the out flow was maintained at the level of 24,713 cusecs on Friday.
Furthermore the officer has no information about
the Saturday’s discharge level at Kabini. Media reports added that the
Dharmapuri district administration, due to the floods in Cauvery, gave orders
to close the water falls area in Hogenakkal. Presently sources told the coracle
ride was also banned till the situation returns to normal.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open