According to sources the Cauvery in Hogenakkal in Dharmapuri district, which received the lowest inflow of water a few days ago, has again recorded a higher inflow of 21,000 cusecs on Saturday. Meanwhile the sources in the Tamilnadu PWD department confirmed that the inflows into the lower riparian state were 18,000 cusecs as measured by the staff in the Central water Commission (CWC) at Biligundulu, where the river enters Tamilnadu. Accordingly this gradually rose to 22,000 cusec after 3 pm the same day.
As per report the water received by Tamilnadu was due to the surplus discharge made by the upper riparian state, Karnataka, from its Kabini dam. Moreover on being questioned about the quantum of water discharged by the upper riparian state, a PWD officer on anonymity told reporters that the inflows into the Kabini dam has been recorded as 15,690 cusecs, whereas the out flow was maintained at the level of 24,713 cusecs on Friday.
Furthermore the officer has no information about
the Saturday’s discharge level at Kabini. Media reports added that the
Dharmapuri district administration, due to the floods in Cauvery, gave orders
to close the water falls area in Hogenakkal. Presently sources told the coracle
ride was also banned till the situation returns to normal.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code