Andhra Pradesh government lodged the complaint in Supreme Court against Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government for its failure in honoring the promises made under AP Reorganization act. Meanwhile in the affidavit submitted to the court, the AP government said the union government promised to accord special category status to the bifurcated Andhra Pradesh and also tax concessions to the residuary state.
Accordingly the AP government also brought to the notice of the court about the centre's promise on the financial assistance extended to AP after the bifurcation of the state. Earlier AP requested centre to announce Rs 24,350 crore special packages for the backward districts of the State but received only Rs 1,050 crore.
Moreover for Polavaram, centre has to release more
funds and the government also accused the centre of not completing the process
of division of 142 educational institutions under Schedule - 9 of the Act
between AP and Telangana. Further the establishment of steel plant in Kadapa
was also pending and the union government had not paid attention to setting up
of Duggirajapatnam Port, Petro Chemical Complex and formation of a separate
Visakhapatnam Railway Zone.
AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP Accordingly the GO states that the CBI could, however, carry out its investigation on any Central Government officials or those belonging to Central institutions who are responsible for the offences only in conjunction with the Anti-Corruption Bureau. Meanwhile with this, CBI's entry into Andhra Pradesh to carry out investigation on any Central Government employees has been restricted completely.
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?