Andhra Pradesh government lodged the complaint in Supreme Court against Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government for its failure in honoring the promises made under AP Reorganization act. Meanwhile in the affidavit submitted to the court, the AP government said the union government promised to accord special category status to the bifurcated Andhra Pradesh and also tax concessions to the residuary state.
Accordingly the AP government also brought to the notice of the court about the centre's promise on the financial assistance extended to AP after the bifurcation of the state. Earlier AP requested centre to announce Rs 24,350 crore special packages for the backward districts of the State but received only Rs 1,050 crore.
Moreover for Polavaram, centre has to release more
funds and the government also accused the centre of not completing the process
of division of 142 educational institutions under Schedule - 9 of the Act
between AP and Telangana. Further the establishment of steel plant in Kadapa
was also pending and the union government had not paid attention to setting up
of Duggirajapatnam Port, Petro Chemical Complex and formation of a separate
Visakhapatnam Railway Zone.
Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur! It her almost been confirmed that former DMK chief Kalaignar M Karunanidhi's son MK Alagiri will most probably contest in the by elections at Thiruvarur. Few days back when MK Alagiri had interacted with the press, he said that DMK will get only the fourth place in the upcoming Thiruparankundram by elections, besides also making a prediction that DMK can never win in the Thiruvarur by election.
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?