The Bharatiya Janata Party seems to have set its eyes on taking credit from the Polavaram project. The party leaders have visited the project site the other day and have expressed satisfaction over the progress of work. However, they smelled some corruption in the implementation of the rehabilitation and resettlement (R & R) package, which was increased by three to four times by the Telugu Desam Party government. The R & R package alone had gone up to 33,000 from the initial Rs 2,500 crore. This is where the BJP sees huge corruption, though the TDP attributes the increase to the 2013 Land Acquisition Act.
The BJP leaders Kanna Lakshminarayana, Kavuri Sambasiva Rao, Daggubati Purandheswari, Kamineni Srinivas, Pydikondala Manikyala Rao, Akula Satyanarayana, G V L Narasimha Rao, Gokaraju Gangaraju, P Vishnukumar Raju, Somu Veerraju and P V N Madhav visited the project site and reviewed the progress.
The BJP leaders said that the Central government was giving funds for the State to execute the project works. While they are happy with the progress of the works, they took exception to the TDP government not giving credit to the BJP government at the Centre. The BJP leaders found fault with Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu for taking total credit for the project though Prime Minister Narendra Modi was giving funds generously.
The BJP leaders have decided to launch an intensive campaign across the State to tell people how the Central government had helped the State to execute the Polavaram project. The leaders have already prepared several detailed notes on the Central government schemes implemented by the State government with funds from Delhi. But the leaders see that the TDP is projecting these schemes as its own programmes by changing the names. The party leaders have realised this and are getting ready to go to the people with facts.
“There is a massive flow of funds from the Central government to the State. The cement roads, houses, drains, toilets, LED bulbs and pensions are some of the schemes where the State is getting funds from Modi government. Unfortunately the State is not giving the due credit to the Modi government which we will expose,” the BJP leaders said.
Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front? Hyderabad sources reported that K T Rama Rao, who is the son of Telangana Chief Minister and TRS President K. Chandrashekhar Rao, also known as KCR, along with some other leaders of the party will hold talks with Jaganmohan Reddy, who is the Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Assembly. Meanwhile this will be the first direct talks between the leaders of two parties since KCR floated
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India