Washington sources reported that the American immigration system is unfair to those who came to the US legally and are waiting in line for years, President Donald Trump said yesterday as he once again pushed for a merit based immigration system. Meanwhile accordingly Indian-Americans, most of whom are highly skilled and came to the US mainly on H-1B work visas, are the worst sufferers of the current immigration system which imposes a 7% per country quota on allotment of green cards or permanent legal residency.
Furthermore as a result, the current wait period for Indian skilled immigrants, as per some unofficial estimates, can be as long as 70 years. Trump said in a tweet "Our immigration policy, laughed at all over the world, is very unfair to all of those people who have gone through the system legally and are waiting on line for years. Immigration must be based on merit we need people who will help to 'Make America Great Again'”.
Moreover Trump's tweet could be seen as support to thousands of Indians
waiting in line for their green card, an overwhelming majority of whom are
highly educated professionals, but because of the country limit, Indians in
many cases have to wait for more than a decade to get legal permanent
Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President? According to sources in a major embarrassment to Narendra Modi & his government, ex-French president FranÃ§ois Hollande has stated that 'Indian Govt proposed Reliance, we had no choice'. Hollande made these comments in his latest interview to a leading French newspaper. Meanwhile with such comments directly coming from the former French president, tempers arose in India between the government and Opposition.
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port