Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu had once again asked the government employees to help him and his Telugu Desam Party to win the elections once again. He addressed a meeting of the village revenue assistants (VRAs) in Vijayawada the other day where he made an appeal to the government employees to support him as he is a visionary and has the experience to develop the State.
The VRAs, who are part of the village administration hold key in taking the government programmes to the door steps of the people. Keeping their importance in reaching to the people, the Chief Minister grabbed the occasion to explain how his presence in the government was important for the State, particularly after unjust bifurcation in 2014. He also presented a long list of things that he had developed in the last four years even though the State was facing revenue deficit.
The increase of wages to the employees, including the Anganwadi teachers, the loan waiver to the farmers and taking the State to the top position among the other States against all odds was possible only because of his leadership. Claiming himself as the team leader in the growth of the State, Chandrababu Naidu wanted the team to be strong to continue the development.
Interestingly, he has the support of the leaders of the government employees’ associations. The APNGOs president P Ashok Babu is now almost a full-timer of the TDP, ahead of his retirement and is just waiting to be made MLA in the next elections. Another leader Bopparaju Venkateswarlu, who represents the revenue employees and also heads a joint action committee of the government employees, too is now in Chandrababu Naidu’s pocket.
The two leaders – Ashok Babu and Bopparaju Venkateswarlu – have already declared their support to Chandrababu Naidu and his TDP. The Chief Minister is in constant touch with the leaders of the self-help groups and Anganwadi workers who are also crucial and operate at the grassroots. He is meeting these women and Anganawadi workers often trying to win their confidence.
Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad? Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!