Bengaluru sources added that rattled with the poor rating given to Bengaluru by Swachh Bharat Survekshan 2018, a top official yesterday questioned the methodology adopted by the Centre for it and claimed the city fared much better than last year. Presently the city was ranked at 216th spot in the SBS-2018, released yesterday while Indore was first, followed by Bhopal and Chandigarh in second and third place, whereas Mysuru, which was in fifth place last year, slipped to eighth place this year.
Bengaluru Mayor Sampath Raj told that “He said he would hold discussions with officials to find out the reasons behind the poor rating and we have to see what reasons Urban Development Ministry has given for the ranking. We have built 400 toilets and segregation at source is happening. So we don't know what parameter they have adopted".
Moreover the Mayor said he was shocked over Mysuru being rated below Indore
and Bhopal as he felt that the royal city was way better than the two cities in
Madhya Pradesh. Meanwhile, Kathyayini Chamaraj founder of Civic Bengaluru,
begged to differ, saying that dumping of waste at public places, littering by
citizens, poor handling of solid waste and zero segregation of waste at source
led to the poor rating. Further he said though manual handling of waste was
prohibited, it continued.
PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections Chennai sources stated that deputy chief minister O Panneerselvam announced on Tuesday the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) will support the AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in the forthcoming general elections. As per report the PMK will contest on six Lok Sabha seats and will be given one Rajya Sabha seat and the PMK, has a support base in northern Tamilnadu, especially among the OBC Vanniyar community.
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan