Telugu Desam Party chief Nara Chandrababu Naidu had asked the party leaders to get ready for early polls. A few hours later, Minister Nara Lokesh dismissed early polls talks as rumours and ruled out the possibility of the party seeking early elections.
When Chandrababu Naidu, a Machiavellian politician, gives a statement, he must have had enough information or indications on the BJP favouring early polls. He must have also had his own points before instructing the rank and file to gear-up. It looks like Chandrababu Naidu does not want to wait for the completion of the full term as he plans to showcase Amaravati and Polavaram as his campaign slogans. There is considerable progress in the two projects which would help him get some votes. The party leaders are building up image for the party among the people that these two projects would be completed only if Chandrababu Naidu gets another term.
The TDP leaders have taken up the slogan of development and spreading it slowly to the grassroots. Chandrababu Naidu himself had categorically told the self-help group women and the village revenue assistants that his victory is historical necessity for the State to continue the developmental agenda, particularly the half-done Polavaram and Amaravati. Even in the teleconferences, Chandrababu Naidu is repeatedly speaking about continuation of the two projects and other developmental initiatives.
However, Lokesh statement came contradicting his father on the early polls. Lokesh said that there was no reason for the TDP to go for elections without completing the five years full term. He told the media persons that the TDP would complete its full term and would go to elections only after completing the term. The statement from Lokesh came a few hours after Chandrababu Naidu’s caution to the party leaders and this contradictory statement is seen not as communication gap between the father and the son, but something different.
Lokesh’ contradicting statement is also seen as a pressure tactic by the son on his father to gain total control over the party. It is widely said that Lokesh is putting more pressure on his father on having total control over the party and government. Lokesh is said to be having the support of his mother and the differences have their roots there. Thus Lokesh contradicting statement is seen as his ambition to succeed his father in this term itself, without waiting for the next term, which is uncertain.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day