Leader of Opposition and YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy is continuing his marathon walk to reach his target of 3000 kilo meters. He had completed 2000 kilo meters on June 14 and had completed 200 days walk on Wednesday in East Godavari district.
Started at Idupulapaya on October 6, last year, Jaganmohan Reddy is on the walk for the past 200 days meeting cross section of people and spreading his Nava Rathna promises for the people. He is walking all the way, interacting with the people and holding special interactions with cross sections of the people.
Though it is almost eight months that he had started his Praja Sankalpa Yatra, Jaganmohan Reddy could walk only for 200 days as he is taking break on every Friday to attend the CBI court in Hyderabad. Despite this break, the YSR Congress chief is finding himself in the midst of the people, while his party leaders are busy with their own programmes.
As he was walking in the districts, he had made his party MPs to protest for the special category status demand in the Parliament and even move no confidence motion against the Central government. Though the motion was not taken up for discussion, the MPs have finally quit their posts on April 6 in protest against denial of the special category status. However, the resignations were finally accepted by the Lok Sabha Speaker only on June 20, which was a strategy to avoid by-elections to the five MP seats.
While walking his way, Jaganmohan Reddy had made his party leaders to hold protests for the steel plant, without getting carried away by the ruling Telugu Desam Party’s protest and indefinite fast by its MP C M Ramesh in Kadapa. Facing the allegations of conspiracy with the BJP, the YSR Congress is making its moves firmly countering the ruling TDP.
As TDP’s former minister Daggubati Venkateswara Rao said, the YSR Congress is doing its role what an Opposition party is expected to do. Though Jagnamohan Reddy is not available for the party leaders at the party headquarters for consultations, the party remains intact and its activities continue, which shows the organisational strength of the party, which can withstand any conspiracy.In keeping the party intact for more than eight months in a row, while being away on padayatra, Jaganmohan Reddy could keep his folks together and stronger too.
Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja! Due to the rampage caused by Gaja cyclone, Nagapattinam district's Vedaranyam area has become an island surrounded by water all over. The people residing in Vedaranyam are facing a tough time, as they are facing troubles even in getting food and water. Now the condition is that it requires more than 6 hours taking resources like food and water into Vedaranyam.
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches