Leader of Opposition and YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy is continuing his marathon walk to reach his target of 3000 kilo meters. He had completed 2000 kilo meters on June 14 and had completed 200 days walk on Wednesday in East Godavari district.
Started at Idupulapaya on October 6, last year, Jaganmohan Reddy is on the walk for the past 200 days meeting cross section of people and spreading his Nava Rathna promises for the people. He is walking all the way, interacting with the people and holding special interactions with cross sections of the people.
Though it is almost eight months that he had started his Praja Sankalpa Yatra, Jaganmohan Reddy could walk only for 200 days as he is taking break on every Friday to attend the CBI court in Hyderabad. Despite this break, the YSR Congress chief is finding himself in the midst of the people, while his party leaders are busy with their own programmes.
As he was walking in the districts, he had made his party MPs to protest for the special category status demand in the Parliament and even move no confidence motion against the Central government. Though the motion was not taken up for discussion, the MPs have finally quit their posts on April 6 in protest against denial of the special category status. However, the resignations were finally accepted by the Lok Sabha Speaker only on June 20, which was a strategy to avoid by-elections to the five MP seats.
While walking his way, Jaganmohan Reddy had made his party leaders to hold protests for the steel plant, without getting carried away by the ruling Telugu Desam Party’s protest and indefinite fast by its MP C M Ramesh in Kadapa. Facing the allegations of conspiracy with the BJP, the YSR Congress is making its moves firmly countering the ruling TDP.
As TDP’s former minister Daggubati Venkateswara Rao said, the YSR Congress is doing its role what an Opposition party is expected to do. Though Jagnamohan Reddy is not available for the party leaders at the party headquarters for consultations, the party remains intact and its activities continue, which shows the organisational strength of the party, which can withstand any conspiracy.In keeping the party intact for more than eight months in a row, while being away on padayatra, Jaganmohan Reddy could keep his folks together and stronger too.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open