According to sources a UK based research platform has compiled a list of cities applying some key parameters, like internet speed, cost of living, infrastructure score, availability of investors, valuation that the tech startups are able to notch up and so on. Meanwhile their evaluation has found that after Boulder, in the USA, Bengaluru is the second most attractive spot. As per report, the city has the following stats where the average internet speed is 11Mbps, hosts 7504 startups and attracts an average valuation of $3.4 million and there are 6236 investors in startups from this city.
Meanwhile these findings follow another report appearing earlier which had placed Bengaluru in the 19th spot when it comes to the cities being hi-tech and offers around 22% of all jobs in the technology category. Furthermore private enterprise is largely behind these accomplishments, it must also be acknowledged that the government in the state of Karnataka has been taking many initiatives to promote the startup environment, allocating funds.
Accordingly the state has set itself a target of
supporting 20,000 startups in the tech sector by the year 2020 and a corpus of
$47.3 million has been set aside for this. Moreover in another move, the state
has designated a project Elevate100, which is aimed at picking the best 100
startups and shepherd them to their next level of business operations. Further
apart from Boulder and Bengaluru, some of the other preferred cities figuring
in the study include Johannesburg in South Africa, Stockholm, Sweden and
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers