Chennai sources reported that with the neighboring Karnataka continuing to oppose the composition of the Cauvery Water Management Authority (CWMA), the Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami chaired a high level meeting on Friday to assess the situation and also gear up for the July 2 meeting in New Delhi of all member states. Accordingly the meeting, summoned by the Centre, will be the first such one of the Authority after its constitution was notified earlier this month. Central Water Commission chairman S. Masood Hussain has been appointed as the chairman of CWMA.
Meanwhile Tamilnadu would be represented by the PWD secretary S. K. Prabhakar, who has been appointed as the member of the Authority. Moreover the meeting convened by Mr. Palaniswami was attended among others by Deputy CM O. Panneerselvam, Ministers and senior officials. Further according to sources, Tamilnadu would insist upon the Centre to implement the Feb. 16 verdict of the Supreme Court on Cauvery water disputes in letter and spirit and also demand the Authority to commence its work immediately.
Moreover any delay, would not only tantamount to violating the
Supreme Court judgment but also marring the prospects of Tamilnadu farmers. Furthermore
the government would also urge the Authority to ensure water is released into
the Mettur dam to facilitate agricultural activities in the Cauvery delta
areas. Moreover the sources also informed that the State government
would stress the need to link Mahanadi, Godavari, Krishna, Palar, Cauvery,
Vaigai, etc. to harness the excess water.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?