Chennai sources reported that with the neighboring Karnataka continuing to oppose the composition of the Cauvery Water Management Authority (CWMA), the Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami chaired a high level meeting on Friday to assess the situation and also gear up for the July 2 meeting in New Delhi of all member states. Accordingly the meeting, summoned by the Centre, will be the first such one of the Authority after its constitution was notified earlier this month. Central Water Commission chairman S. Masood Hussain has been appointed as the chairman of CWMA.
Meanwhile Tamilnadu would be represented by the PWD secretary S. K. Prabhakar, who has been appointed as the member of the Authority. Moreover the meeting convened by Mr. Palaniswami was attended among others by Deputy CM O. Panneerselvam, Ministers and senior officials. Further according to sources, Tamilnadu would insist upon the Centre to implement the Feb. 16 verdict of the Supreme Court on Cauvery water disputes in letter and spirit and also demand the Authority to commence its work immediately.
Moreover any delay, would not only tantamount to violating the
Supreme Court judgment but also marring the prospects of Tamilnadu farmers. Furthermore
the government would also urge the Authority to ensure water is released into
the Mettur dam to facilitate agricultural activities in the Cauvery delta
areas. Moreover the sources also informed that the State government
would stress the need to link Mahanadi, Godavari, Krishna, Palar, Cauvery,
Vaigai, etc. to harness the excess water.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees