Jammu sources reported that a police official said the fifth batch of 4,047 pilgrims, including 808 women, yesterday left from here for the Kashmir Valley to pay obeisance at the 3,880 meter high cave shrine of Amarnath. Meanwhile as per report so far, 13,816 pilgrims had visited the cave shrine from the twin routes traditional 36 km Pahalgam track in Anantnag district and 12 km shortest Baltal route in Ganderbal since the commencement of the annual 60 day pilgrimage on June 28.
Further the official said the yatra is left in a fleet of 134 vehicles under tight security arrangements early today and are expected to reach Baltal and Pahalgam base camps in the valley later in the day. Moreover despite incessant rains which even posed a threat of flash floods in the valley, the yatra to the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas commenced in the valley as per schedule on June 28 after several hours of delay but faced frequent disruptions owing to continuous rainfall, slippery condition of the tracks and shooting of stones and landslides.
Media reports added a total of 13,816 pilgrims had paid their obeisance at
the cave shrine, housing the naturally formed ice Shivlingam, till last
evening. Moreover among them the highest number of 10,935 pilgrims visited the
shrine yesterday. Meanwhile the 60 day yatra is scheduled to conclude on
August 26 coinciding with the 'Raksha Bandhan' festival.
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome