Jammu sources reported that a police official said the fifth batch of 4,047 pilgrims, including 808 women, yesterday left from here for the Kashmir Valley to pay obeisance at the 3,880 meter high cave shrine of Amarnath. Meanwhile as per report so far, 13,816 pilgrims had visited the cave shrine from the twin routes traditional 36 km Pahalgam track in Anantnag district and 12 km shortest Baltal route in Ganderbal since the commencement of the annual 60 day pilgrimage on June 28.
Further the official said the yatra is left in a fleet of 134 vehicles under tight security arrangements early today and are expected to reach Baltal and Pahalgam base camps in the valley later in the day. Moreover despite incessant rains which even posed a threat of flash floods in the valley, the yatra to the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas commenced in the valley as per schedule on June 28 after several hours of delay but faced frequent disruptions owing to continuous rainfall, slippery condition of the tracks and shooting of stones and landslides.
Media reports added a total of 13,816 pilgrims had paid their obeisance at
the cave shrine, housing the naturally formed ice Shivlingam, till last
evening. Moreover among them the highest number of 10,935 pilgrims visited the
shrine yesterday. Meanwhile the 60 day yatra is scheduled to conclude on
August 26 coinciding with the 'Raksha Bandhan' festival.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018