According to sources in an initiative to help students from rural areas, mid-day meals will now be implemented in intermediate colleges, for students of Class 11 and 12 in Visakhapatnam district of Andhra Pradesh. Meanwhile this is possibly the first time in India that mid-day meals will be implemented for students from Classes 11 and 12.
Furthermore an official from the Visakhapatnam Collector’s office told TNM, “This initiative has been taken up by the government after realizing that many students who attend the colleges come from smaller districts and mandals and do not have the option to go home for lunch.” Meanwhile the Right to Education Act states that children have the right to free and compulsory education at the elementary education level. Even though the Act specifically applies to children between the ages of 6 and 14, the initiative taken up by the Andhra Pradesh government is now being expanded to include students of Class 11 and 12, considering the prevalence of malnutrition in the state.
Moreover approximately Rs 23 crore has been allocated in the state’s 2018
to 2019 annual budget for the extension of the midday meal scheme, alone. Recently
the mid-day meal scheme was introduced as a central scheme in India in 1995 and
was implemented in Andhra Pradesh in 2003, for students in Classes 1 to 5 and
was later expanded in 2008 to include Classes 6 to 10 as well.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam