According to sources an Iranian general on Monday accused Israel of manipulating weather to prevent rain over the Islamic republic, alleging his country was facing cloud "theft", before being contradicted by the nation's weather chief. Brigadier General Gholam Reza Jalali, head of Iran's Civil Defense Organization reported "The changing climate in Iran is suspect”.
Jalali was quoted as saying that "Foreign interference is suspected to have played a role in climate change," and insisting results from an Iranian scientific study "confirm" the claim. He said "Israel and another country in the region have joint teams which work to ensure clouds entering Iranian skies are unable to release rain”.
Jalali added, "On top of that, we are facing
the issue of cloud and snow theft", citing a survey showing that above
2,200 metres all mountainous areas between Afghanistan and the Mediterranean
are covered in snow, except Iran. Moreover Iran's own meteorological service
struck a skeptical note, however. Furthermore General Jalali "probably has
a document of which he is not aware, but on the basis of meteorological
knowledge, it is not possible for a country to steal snow or clouds”. Further the
general's allegations of weather pilfering were not the first time an Iranian
official has accused the country's foes of stealing its rain.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam