According to sources in an embarrassing setback for Latha Rajinikanth, the Supreme Court pulled her up for defying an earlier order by the apex court which ruled that she was to pay Rs 6.2 crore to Ad Bureau, a private company which financed Kochadaiiyaan, within 12 weeks. Meanwhile when cautioning her over the non-payment of dues, the Supreme Court said, “If the pending dues are not paid, you will have to face trial.”
Previously in February, the apex court also ordered the firm MediaOne to pay back the interest for the Rs 10 crore loan it took from Ad Bureau, which distributes films. Moreover the court had also warned at the time that failure to repay the amount on time would hold Latha Rajinikanth, who is MediaOne’s director, liable to personally settle the amount.
Previously in April this year, the Supreme Court
dismissed a petition filed by Latha's company MediaOne which had stated that of
the Rs 10 crores, Rs 9.20 crores had been paid to Ad Bureau. Accordingly Ad
Bureau had lent Rs 10 crore to Media One headed by Latha Rajinikanth for the
post production of the animated Rajinikanth starrer Kochadaiiyaan. Moreover in
a police complaint filed in November 2014, against Latha and Kochadaiiyaan
producer J Murali Manohar, Ad Bureau Advertising Pvt Ltd accusing them of
cheating them out of the distribution rights for the movie in Tamilnadu, after
agreeing to the same, and an investment of Rs 10 crore.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!