According to sources in an embarrassing setback for Latha Rajinikanth, the Supreme Court pulled her up for defying an earlier order by the apex court which ruled that she was to pay Rs 6.2 crore to Ad Bureau, a private company which financed Kochadaiiyaan, within 12 weeks. Meanwhile when cautioning her over the non-payment of dues, the Supreme Court said, “If the pending dues are not paid, you will have to face trial.”
Previously in February, the apex court also ordered the firm MediaOne to pay back the interest for the Rs 10 crore loan it took from Ad Bureau, which distributes films. Moreover the court had also warned at the time that failure to repay the amount on time would hold Latha Rajinikanth, who is MediaOne’s director, liable to personally settle the amount.
Previously in April this year, the Supreme Court
dismissed a petition filed by Latha's company MediaOne which had stated that of
the Rs 10 crores, Rs 9.20 crores had been paid to Ad Bureau. Accordingly Ad
Bureau had lent Rs 10 crore to Media One headed by Latha Rajinikanth for the
post production of the animated Rajinikanth starrer Kochadaiiyaan. Moreover in
a police complaint filed in November 2014, against Latha and Kochadaiiyaan
producer J Murali Manohar, Ad Bureau Advertising Pvt Ltd accusing them of
cheating them out of the distribution rights for the movie in Tamilnadu, after
agreeing to the same, and an investment of Rs 10 crore.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers