According to sources Google's public Wi-Fi project is aiming to capture 40 million new connected users in India by 2019, resulting into at least $20 billion being added to the country's GDP, a top company executive here on Wednesday. K. Suri, Director, Partnership, India, Next Billion Users, Google India, told reporters here that "India is a big market for the next billion users. Wi-Fi is a huge focus area and opportunity in terms of connecting these users".
Suri added while releasing a joint study by Google and global research firm Analysys Mason that public Wi-Fi could play a key role in driving ubiquitous connectivity and digital inclusion in India. Currently Google has partnered with RailTel and Indian Railways to offer public Wi-Fi in railway stations, covering 400 stations with about 7.6 million monthly active Wi-Fi users. The study showed that "Public Wi-Fi will connect 40 million new users to the Internet by 2019 and that would translate into tangible benefits to GDP, by around $20 billion between 2017-19 and at least $10 billion per annum thereafter”.
Moreover the report, titled "Accelerating
connectivity through public Wi-Fi that early lessons from the railway Wi-Fi
project," outlined an opportunity to develop a wider connectivity
ecosystem with public Wi-Fi as a key component. Ashwinder Sethi, Principal
Consultant, Analysys Mason said "By 2019, over 100 million users will
spend an extra $3 billion annually on mobile broadband and handsets because of
their experience of high-speed public Wi-Fi”.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees