Arvind Kejriwal lead government has been given a major support, with the supreme court verdict that the lieutenant governor is supposed to abide by the advice of the ministers, barring issues related to public order, land, police, which come under Centre.
The five-member bench led by the chief justice of India Dipak Misra went against Delhi High court judgment in 2016 which said all powers were with the central government, and not Delhi government. The high court judgment made Kejriwal government appeal to the supreme court.
With the Supreme Court judgment, the power battle between Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party government and the Narendra Modi's National Democratic Alliance government at the Centre has come to an end with Kejriwal claiming victory.
An exceptional case when the LG can refer to the President was only when there was a difference of opinion between the council of ministers. The cabinet must inform all decisions to the LG. The LG can differ from opinions of the council of ministers, but it cannot be just for the sake of being different, said the court
Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process Washington sources reported that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo set a deadline by which North Korea must denuclearize, saying that the process must be completed by January 2021, when President Donald Trump's current term would end. Meanwhile in a statement, Pompeo also expressed his desire to meet with his North Korean counterpart, Ri Yong-ho, next week in New York during the United Nations General Assembly.
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india