Arvind Kejriwal lead government has been given a major support, with the supreme court verdict that the lieutenant governor is supposed to abide by the advice of the ministers, barring issues related to public order, land, police, which come under Centre.
The five-member bench led by the chief justice of India Dipak Misra went against Delhi High court judgment in 2016 which said all powers were with the central government, and not Delhi government. The high court judgment made Kejriwal government appeal to the supreme court.
With the Supreme Court judgment, the power battle between Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party government and the Narendra Modi's National Democratic Alliance government at the Centre has come to an end with Kejriwal claiming victory.
An exceptional case when the LG can refer to the President was only when there was a difference of opinion between the council of ministers. The cabinet must inform all decisions to the LG. The LG can differ from opinions of the council of ministers, but it cannot be just for the sake of being different, said the court
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall