According to sources Tata Motors' small car Nano is inching closer towards the end of its journey with just one unit produced in June, although the company maintained that no decision has been taken yet on stopping its production. Meanwhile the entry level car, brainchild of Ratan Tata who envisaged giving a safer and affordable alternative to families riding on two-wheelers, sold just three units last month in the domestic market.
Furthermore in a regulatory filing, Tata Motors said there was no export of Nano in June this year and moreover it had shipped 25 units in the same month last year. Further in terms of production, only one unit was produced last month as against 275 units in June 2017. The domestic sales were at three units in June as against 167 units in the year ago month.
Presently it become a loss-making model for Tata
Motors with ex-Tata Sons chairman Mistry, who was abruptly removed from the
post, even went on to claim that the Nano "consistently lost value,
peaking at Rs 1,000 crore". Meanwhile Mistry also termed the Nano as one
of the "legacy hotspots" and there was "no line of sight to
profitability for the Nano, any turnaround strategy". Moreover he had also
claimed that Tata Motors did not stop producing the car due to "emotional
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections