According to sources Union Government has filed a counter affidavit in the Supreme Court in response to the affidavit filed by Ponguleti Sudhakar Reddy of Andhra Pradesh over the un-kept bifurcation promises to the state including the promises made by then PM Manmohan Singh on the floor of the house. Meanwhile in the counter affidavit, the Centre for once and for all made it clear that there is nothing left to be done for the state of AP and the Centre claimed that it has done "what all it promised" in the AP Reorganization Act 2014.
Furthermore regarding Special Category Status to AP, the Centre ruled out of according the status to AP and conveyed the same to the Apex Court. To the surprise of all, the Union Finance Ministry has not raised anything about the Railway Zone promised to Visakhapatnam of Andhra Pradesh and has not mentioned why it didn't give it so far.
Moreover when talking about the revenue deficit as
AP is formed as a deficit state, the Centre claimed that the revenue deficit of
AP in the first year was only Rs 4116 Crore and it said it had already
disbursed Rs 3979 Crore already. As per report the Centre in its affidavit told
the Supreme Court that it had given Rs 2500 Crore to AP state government
regarding the building of Capital City Amaravati and said it would further give
another Rs 1000 Crore in three installments of Rs 330 Crore per year in the
next three years.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?