Pawan Kalyan had once again said that his Jana Sena is not a Kapu party, though he hails from the same community. He took a serious dig at a section of the ruling Telugu Desam Party leaders for branding him and his party representing the Kapu community alone.
The Jana Sena chief had claimed himself above the caste lines when he launched the party ahead of the 2014 elections. He said he never wanted to represent his caste in politics and was not prepared to limit himself to a particular caste. Four years late, as the TDP leaders were branding him as leader of the Kapu community, the Jana Sena chief once again said he didn’t belong to a particular caste.
“I was born into a caste like everyone in India. But, my party was not born like that. It belongs to every Jana Sainik and can’t be branded to one area or one caste,” Pawan Kalyan said giving a fitting reply to his critics.
The Kapu community, which is visibly present in the State politics finds itself having no party of its own and hanging around other parties. When Chiranjeevi launched Praja Rajyam Party ahead of 2009 elections, the community owned up the party, but could not win the elections. It had to adjust itself with 18 MLA seats and the irony is that Chiranjeevi himself lost in his native Palacole constituency in West Godavari district.
With all these experiences, Pawan Kalyan is making his moves well calculated and is not ready to confine his party to one particular caste. Interestingly, even the prominent Kapu leaders from the State, like Mudragada Padmanabham are not with him and there is huge gap between him and the caste. This itself is a clear indication that he does not want his party to be limited to his caste alone, though there is a strong desire among the Kapu leaders in the State to have a party of their own.
Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP? Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu makes regular visits to AP & Telangana Governor E.S.L Narasimhan to inform him of the challenges the state is facing in the aftermath of bifurcation. While it is protocol to apprehend the Governor on the developments and challenges in Andhra Pradesh as the head of a state, TDP cadre and the people of AP feel that these regular meetings with Narasimhan are futile.
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7