Pawan Kalyan had once again said that his Jana Sena is not a Kapu party, though he hails from the same community. He took a serious dig at a section of the ruling Telugu Desam Party leaders for branding him and his party representing the Kapu community alone.
The Jana Sena chief had claimed himself above the caste lines when he launched the party ahead of the 2014 elections. He said he never wanted to represent his caste in politics and was not prepared to limit himself to a particular caste. Four years late, as the TDP leaders were branding him as leader of the Kapu community, the Jana Sena chief once again said he didn’t belong to a particular caste.
“I was born into a caste like everyone in India. But, my party was not born like that. It belongs to every Jana Sainik and can’t be branded to one area or one caste,” Pawan Kalyan said giving a fitting reply to his critics.
The Kapu community, which is visibly present in the State politics finds itself having no party of its own and hanging around other parties. When Chiranjeevi launched Praja Rajyam Party ahead of 2009 elections, the community owned up the party, but could not win the elections. It had to adjust itself with 18 MLA seats and the irony is that Chiranjeevi himself lost in his native Palacole constituency in West Godavari district.
With all these experiences, Pawan Kalyan is making his moves well calculated and is not ready to confine his party to one particular caste. Interestingly, even the prominent Kapu leaders from the State, like Mudragada Padmanabham are not with him and there is huge gap between him and the caste. This itself is a clear indication that he does not want his party to be limited to his caste alone, though there is a strong desire among the Kapu leaders in the State to have a party of their own.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue