Rameshwaram sources added that Less than three weeks after the new fishing season commenced in the south this year, the Sri Lankan Navy has struck again. Meanwhile as many as 12 Rameswaram fishermen were apprehended by a Sri Lankan Naval patrol who intercepted two mechanized boats fishing near Neduntheevu in the Palk Straits in the wee hours of Thursday for allegedly straying into their territorial waters.
Moreover a fisherman of Thangachimadam said the Sri Lankan Navy personnel allegedly jumped into the fishing boats of two Rameswaram fishermen N Devadoss and Francis, took 12 fishermen in the boats into custody and took them to northern Sri Lanka for inquiry along with their boats, a representative of fishermen's associations here , P R Senthilvel and P Loyola.
Furthermore they said this was the first major
arrest of Tamilnadu fishermen this year in six months, the last one being in
February. Recently the latest incident has shocked the entire fishing
fraternity as it has come just two days after the Union Agriculture minister Dr
Radha Mohan Singh at a consultative meeting on deep sea fishing with the
fishermen community here, had said that the problems arising from Sri Lankan
Naval harassment, attacks and indiscriminate arrests of Tamilnadu fishermen
will cease, the representatives pointed out, adding, it made people wonder
whether the voices of the Central and State governments was heard at all in
Public exam for 5th and 8th class! Earlier TN Govt had the no detention policy so that no student gets failed and is retained in the same class, considering the right to education which offers education without failing, till elementary school but now in an opposite decision the TN govt has announced public exams for even 5th and 8th class students.
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA