BJP state president Kanna Lakshminarayana said though his party failed to provide Special Category Status to Andhra Pradesh due to some legal reasons, it has done more than that by allocating adequate funds under special package for state development.
Kanna was in Kadapa to participate in various party related programmes and addressed the public gathering here on Saturday. While defending his party step over filing affidavit in Supreme Court, he said there is no wrong in it as the NDA government fulfilled all the assurances mentioned in the AP Reorganisation Act 2014. Kanna has described the decision of Andhra Pradesh government to launch legal battle against the Central government is meaningless.
It may be mentioned here that the State government had decided to implead in the case in Supreme Court and had directed the departments to prepare the required documents. While the BJP claims that it had given a lot of funds to the State in the last four years, the TDP is getting the documents ready to counter it both in the Supreme Court and outside.
But, Kanna alleged that Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu was hatching a conspiracy to divert the attention of people of state from his failure in the administration. He pointed out that BJP was committed to fulfil the promises mentioned in the AP Reorganisation Act. The Central government sanctioned a number of educational institutional to the state, he said.
Asserting BJP government’s commitment over establishment of steel plant in Kadapa district, he said discussions were also in progress over setting up railway zone. While questioning Chief Minister’s attitude in criticising NDA government, party secretary Kandula Rajamohan Reddy said if Chief Minister is really committed for the development of the state why he had accepted the offer of special package instead raising SCS for these years. On this occasion party activists organised a rally in the city.
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall