Noida sources added that the world's biggest mobile factory was launched in Noida near Delhi on Monday by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and South Korean President Moon Jae. Accordingly the unit will have a capacity of fabricating 120 million phones a year ranging from low end smart phones that cost under $100 to the company's flagship S9 model. Meanwhile it will build 10 million phones a month, 70% of which will be earmarked for domestic usage.
PM Modi said “Already 40 crore Indians own smart phones, 32 crore people use broadband and the 30% phones for export will help place the country in the Global market”. "Moreover this step today would lend pace to make in India, apart from empowering citizens and this is matter of pride for Uttar Pradesh and India”.
Previously the government imposed taxes on import
of key smart phone components as part of a plan to make India an electronics manufacturing
hub to boost growth and create tens of millions of new jobs. PM pointed out
that "Samsung has provided employment to approximately 70,000 people, the
new plant will provide employment to 1000 more".
Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open As per report the situation between Andhra Pradesh and Centre got worse when the Telugu Desam Party decided to break off ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA government early last year. Meanwhile ever since the break-up, Andhra Pradesh has been getting a raw deal from the Centre. Furthermore the BJP High Command's interference in ensuring that AP is at a disadvantaged position, added to the already existing tension.
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India