Noida sources added that the world's biggest mobile factory was launched in Noida near Delhi on Monday by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and South Korean President Moon Jae. Accordingly the unit will have a capacity of fabricating 120 million phones a year ranging from low end smart phones that cost under $100 to the company's flagship S9 model. Meanwhile it will build 10 million phones a month, 70% of which will be earmarked for domestic usage.
PM Modi said “Already 40 crore Indians own smart phones, 32 crore people use broadband and the 30% phones for export will help place the country in the Global market”. "Moreover this step today would lend pace to make in India, apart from empowering citizens and this is matter of pride for Uttar Pradesh and India”.
Previously the government imposed taxes on import
of key smart phone components as part of a plan to make India an electronics manufacturing
hub to boost growth and create tens of millions of new jobs. PM pointed out
that "Samsung has provided employment to approximately 70,000 people, the
new plant will provide employment to 1000 more".
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018