In a first in Indian judicial history, the Supreme Court has accepted for the live telecast of Supreme Court proceedings of cases. A senior advocate Indra Jaisingh had filed a case in the Supreme court, with the support of Right to Information Act, demanding that cases pertaining to the constitution and political issues of the nation besides high profile cases which are of national importance, when coming to a hearing in supreme court must be telecast live so that the people can be aware of the court proceedings.
This case had come to hearing to a bench headed by Chief justice Deepak Mishra. During the hearing, the petition of Indra Jaisingh was acknowledged by the court. Chief justice Deepak Mishra had later said that to make sure that the petitioner gets to know how the case is proceeding and how their advocate is fighting the case, a live telecast of the court proceedings will be helpful.
The Supreme Court has also requested the recommendation of the Bar Council for the implementation of the live telecast facility. Attorney general Venugopal has been requested by the judges to frame the guidelines for the same, on 23 July. Earlier, Indra Jaisingh had also requested that if not for the live telecast, they must be at least video graphed for future references. While cell phones and cameras are not allowed, it must be noted that the government had earlier announced the idea of a separate channel for court proceedings just like a TV Channel for Loksabha and Rajyasabha.
AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP Accordingly the GO states that the CBI could, however, carry out its investigation on any Central Government officials or those belonging to Central institutions who are responsible for the offences only in conjunction with the Anti-Corruption Bureau. Meanwhile with this, CBI's entry into Andhra Pradesh to carry out investigation on any Central Government employees has been restricted completely.
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?