In a first in Indian judicial history, the Supreme Court has accepted for the live telecast of Supreme Court proceedings of cases. A senior advocate Indra Jaisingh had filed a case in the Supreme court, with the support of Right to Information Act, demanding that cases pertaining to the constitution and political issues of the nation besides high profile cases which are of national importance, when coming to a hearing in supreme court must be telecast live so that the people can be aware of the court proceedings.
This case had come to hearing to a bench headed by Chief justice Deepak Mishra. During the hearing, the petition of Indra Jaisingh was acknowledged by the court. Chief justice Deepak Mishra had later said that to make sure that the petitioner gets to know how the case is proceeding and how their advocate is fighting the case, a live telecast of the court proceedings will be helpful.
The Supreme Court has also requested the recommendation of the Bar Council for the implementation of the live telecast facility. Attorney general Venugopal has been requested by the judges to frame the guidelines for the same, on 23 July. Earlier, Indra Jaisingh had also requested that if not for the live telecast, they must be at least video graphed for future references. While cell phones and cameras are not allowed, it must be noted that the government had earlier announced the idea of a separate channel for court proceedings just like a TV Channel for Loksabha and Rajyasabha.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!