New Delhi sources stated that in a major relief to the Telangana government, the Supreme Court on Monday rejected a petition seeking a stay on the Kaleshwaram lift irrigation project. The bench was hearing a petition filed by D Laxminarayana, convener of Telangana Engineers Forum. Meanwhile in a major relief to the Telangana government, the Supreme Court on Monday rejected a petition seeking a stay on the Kaleshwaram lift irrigation project.
Accordingly the bench comprising of justices Madan B Lokur and Deepak Gupta were hearing a petition filed by D Laxminarayana, convener of Telangana Engineers Forum, sought to know if so many reservoirs needed to be built for the project and also sought the constitution of an experts committee. Moreover when the matter came up for hearing, the Telangana government's said that several petitions had been filed earlier and alleged that certain people were trying to stall the project.
Meanwhile when responding to the development,
Harish Rao told, “In the High Court alone, 80 cases were filed against the
project and irrespective of the number of times they have approached the courts
and their pleas rejected, Congress leaders are yet to learn any lesson”.
Further the project also proposes to provide drinking water facility for Hyderabad
and Secunderabad cities.
Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award According to sources despite her golden run in international athletics this season, teenaged sprint sensation Hima Das said she did not expect her name to be nominated for this year's Arjuna award. Meanwhile the 18 year old Assamese athlete was among the 20 sportsperson recommended for the Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24