Accordingly Prime Minister Narendra Modi yesterday reached out to farmers with an address to a "thanksgiving" rally in Punjab, once known for its "Green Revolution". Meanwhile at the rally attended by thousands, he said he salutes the "hard working farmers from all over the country". Modi said "The farmer should have been the first to be uplifted. But for decades, you were ignored by the party that ruled India since Independence," taking a dig at the Congress, which wrenched the state from its ruling Akali BJP combine in last year's assembly elections.
Moreover the "thanksgiving rally" in Muktsar 280 km from state capital Chandigarh was organized by the BJP and ally Akali Dal to mark the recent hike in minimum support price for 14 summer crops. As per report the hike was the biggest during the four years of NDA rule, which will cost the government nearly Rs. 15,000 crore in public funds.
Furthermore PM Modi added "Our farmer brothers
can now breathe easy and they can earn better, they can sleep peacefully
because of the MSP increase and no one in the Congress is daring to come out
and speak, because they know that did nothing for 60 years". Further the
hike in support prices one of the pre-election promises of the BJP comes on the
heels of massive farmer protests across the country.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?