Accordingly Prime Minister Narendra Modi yesterday reached out to farmers with an address to a "thanksgiving" rally in Punjab, once known for its "Green Revolution". Meanwhile at the rally attended by thousands, he said he salutes the "hard working farmers from all over the country". Modi said "The farmer should have been the first to be uplifted. But for decades, you were ignored by the party that ruled India since Independence," taking a dig at the Congress, which wrenched the state from its ruling Akali BJP combine in last year's assembly elections.
Moreover the "thanksgiving rally" in Muktsar 280 km from state capital Chandigarh was organized by the BJP and ally Akali Dal to mark the recent hike in minimum support price for 14 summer crops. As per report the hike was the biggest during the four years of NDA rule, which will cost the government nearly Rs. 15,000 crore in public funds.
Furthermore PM Modi added "Our farmer brothers
can now breathe easy and they can earn better, they can sleep peacefully
because of the MSP increase and no one in the Congress is daring to come out
and speak, because they know that did nothing for 60 years". Further the
hike in support prices one of the pre-election promises of the BJP comes on the
heels of massive farmer protests across the country.
Rohit Sharma feels confident playing in Australia According to sources India's vice captain Rohit Sharma said the team played a few close matches in Australia the last time around, but want to make it count on the current tour. Meanwhile Rohit said it feels good to perform in Australia as it gives a player a lot of confidence.
- Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR?
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates