Accordingly Prime Minister Narendra Modi yesterday reached out to farmers with an address to a "thanksgiving" rally in Punjab, once known for its "Green Revolution". Meanwhile at the rally attended by thousands, he said he salutes the "hard working farmers from all over the country". Modi said "The farmer should have been the first to be uplifted. But for decades, you were ignored by the party that ruled India since Independence," taking a dig at the Congress, which wrenched the state from its ruling Akali BJP combine in last year's assembly elections.
Moreover the "thanksgiving rally" in Muktsar 280 km from state capital Chandigarh was organized by the BJP and ally Akali Dal to mark the recent hike in minimum support price for 14 summer crops. As per report the hike was the biggest during the four years of NDA rule, which will cost the government nearly Rs. 15,000 crore in public funds.
Furthermore PM Modi added "Our farmer brothers
can now breathe easy and they can earn better, they can sleep peacefully
because of the MSP increase and no one in the Congress is daring to come out
and speak, because they know that did nothing for 60 years". Further the
hike in support prices one of the pre-election promises of the BJP comes on the
heels of massive farmer protests across the country.
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections