Hyderabad sources stated that Liquor bottles worth Rs 40 lakh were crushed under a road roller by the officers of Prohibition and Excise Department on Wednesday. Over 640 non-duty paid liquor bottles which included popular brands like Black Label, Gold Label, Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, Absolut and Red Label were destroyed by the officers.
Liquor bottles which are being imported directly from other countries without paying any tax are defined as non-duty paid liquor bottles. Four customs officials working at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport were detained by the excise department which led to the unearthing of a huge network between the officials, smugglers, and customers to sell foreign liquor.
Apart from the arrest of customs officials, two
smugglers B Shiva Patil and N Harish Singh were also held in the raid. Over
1373 bottles were seized by them along with two transport buses.
Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP? Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu makes regular visits to AP & Telangana Governor E.S.L Narasimhan to inform him of the challenges the state is facing in the aftermath of bifurcation. While it is protocol to apprehend the Governor on the developments and challenges in Andhra Pradesh as the head of a state, TDP cadre and the people of AP feel that these regular meetings with Narasimhan are futile.
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7