Hyderabad sources stated that Liquor bottles worth Rs 40 lakh were crushed under a road roller by the officers of Prohibition and Excise Department on Wednesday. Over 640 non-duty paid liquor bottles which included popular brands like Black Label, Gold Label, Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, Absolut and Red Label were destroyed by the officers.
Liquor bottles which are being imported directly from other countries without paying any tax are defined as non-duty paid liquor bottles. Four customs officials working at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport were detained by the excise department which led to the unearthing of a huge network between the officials, smugglers, and customers to sell foreign liquor.
Apart from the arrest of customs officials, two
smugglers B Shiva Patil and N Harish Singh were also held in the raid. Over
1373 bottles were seized by them along with two transport buses.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites