The mighty Croatia has crashed the dreams of England, which had entered the FIFA 2018 Football world cup campaign with the mission to win the world cup after 52 years, by thrashing them 2-1 in the semifinal match held yesterday. This makes Croatia enter the Finals, in which they will be battling another strong team France, on July 15.
FIFA World cup 2018 which began on June 14, with 32 nations participating, has completed the knockout and quarter and semi final stages, reaching into the Final stage. After 1982 and 2006, World cup witnessed 4 European nations in the semi final stage. For the fourth consecutive time, a European nation is all set to clinch the world cup, following Italy in 2006, Spain in 2010, and Germany in 2014. While France had thumped Belgium 1-0 in the first semi final, yesterday Croatia beat England 2-1 in the second semifinal. Croatia has won all the league matches, and in its 4th world cup appearance has come to semifinals for the second time.
While England began strong with a goal scored in the 5th minute of the game itself, Croatia scored a goal in the 68th minute to make it 1-1. With the goal scored in the 109th minute, Croatia took a lead of 2-1 and after the 5th minute goal by England, Croatia made sure they never came back into the game, defending the attack of England very well, and are all set to face France in the final.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code