According to report at least 70 people, including a political leader, were killed in a horrific suicide bombing targeted at a rally in Pakistan's Balochistan province on Friday. Meanwhile it was the third such attack on election candidates in the run up to the July 25 general elections. Accordingly Balochistan Awami Party (BAP) candidate Siraj Raisani was killed along with 70 people, while 120 were injured in the blast in Mastung district.
Meanwhile Raisani, a candidate of the recently formed BAP, is the younger brother of former Balochistan Chief Minister Aslam Raisani. Further Balochistan's Civil Defence Director Aslam Tareen said 8 to 10 kg of explosives and ball bearings were used in the attack. Recently the Civil Hospital spokesperson Waseem Baig said the hospital received 53 bodies and 73 wounded and at least 20 of those injured were in critical condition.
Previously a suicide blast had killed
Awami National Party leader Haroon Bilour and 19 others in Peshawar. Moreover the
attack was owned up by the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan. Before that, on July 7,
seven people, including a candidate of Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal, were injured
when a convoy came under a bomb attack in Bannu.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!